Looking for a simple and easy-to-make strawberry shortcake crumble recipe? Then search no more! We have prepared a convenient and delicious recipe for you today!
There’s nothing like a delicious strawberry shortcake crumble on a warm summer day. The sweet, juicy strawberries mixed with the crumbly biscuit base and creamy whipped cream are irresistible! So if you’re looking for an easy dessert to impress your friends and family, look no further than this recipe.
This blog post will discuss how to make a quick strawberry crumble shortcake. So without further ado, let’s get started!
What is a Strawberry Shortcake Crumble?
A strawberry shortcake crumble is a dessert that combines the classic flavors of strawberry shortcake with the crunchy texture of a crumble. The strawberry shortcake layer is usually made with fresh strawberries, a light cake or biscuits, and a sweet cream filling. The crumble layer is made of flour, sugar, butter, and oats. When the two layers are combined, the result is a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that is perfect for any occasion.
This classic summer dessert is easy to make and delicious to eat. This strawberry shortcake crumble is the perfect balance of sweet and tart, with a buttery, crumbly topping that will have you reaching for seconds (or thirds).
Whether you’re serving it at a picnic or potluck, on any other special occasion or just making it for yourself on a lazy Sunday afternoon, this dessert recipe is sure to please. So fire up the oven and get ready for a delicious treat.
This section will present the best recipe for strawberry shortcake crumble.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter or 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound of strawberries
- Oats or leftover biscuits
- Whipped cream or ice cream for serving
This strawberry shortcake crumbles recipe is an easy and delicious way to enjoy fresh strawberries. The key to this dish is to use ripe, juicy strawberries. You will also need a food processor or blender, a baking dish, and some essential kitchen baking tools and equipment. You will also need parchment paper.
Summertime is strawberry season, so this strawberry shortcake crumble recipe is the perfect way to celebrate! This dish is simple and can be enjoyed as a classic dessert or breakfast. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to prepare this recipe.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take one pound of fresh strawberries and slice them into thin pieces.
- Mix in a medium bowl: 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour, 1/4 cup of sugar, one teaspoon of baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Whisk together 1/2 cup of milk, two eggs, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1/4 cup of melted unsalted butter in another mixing bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until everything is combined. The batter should be thick and slightly lumpy.
- Pour the batter into an 8×8 baking dish and top with the sliced strawberries and biscuits/oats.
- Bake the strawberry cake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Let the homemade strawberry shortcake crumble cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Strawberry shortcake crumble is a dessert that combines the sweetness of fresh strawberries with the richness of a buttery cake.
- The crunchy topping options for this recipe include whipped cream, strawberry sauce, and streusel.
- For an extra bit of sweetness, you can also top the crumble with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Try crumbled bacon or chopped nuts if you want something more savory.
No matter what toppings you choose, a strawberry shortcake crumble will surely be a hit!
- To ensure that the crumble is always fresh and full of flavor, it is essential to store it in an airtight container.
- The sweet strawberry flavor shortcake will last up to two weeks when stored in this way. However, if you want to extend the crumble’s shelf life, you can also freeze it.
- The strawberry shortcake will remain fresh for up to 4-6 months when stored in a ziplock in the freezer.
- When you are ready to enjoy the strawberry shortcake crumble again, simply thaw it at room temperature or reheat it in the microwave.
Why is This Recipe Best?
There are a lot of reasons to love strawberry shortcake crumble.
- It’s easy to make and only requires a few ingredients.
- It’s a delicious summer dessert that everyone can enjoy.
- It’s the perfect way to use up ripe strawberries.
So, what makes this recipe the best?
- The crumble topping is made with oats, which gives it a nice texture.
- You can add brown sugar to the recipe, which gives the crumble a lovely caramel flavor.
- The mixture of strawberries is cooked in a mixture of sugar and crumbled butter, which brings out their bold strawberry flavor.
If you’re looking for a delicious summer dessert that’s easy to make, look no further than strawberry cake crumble!
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is it called shortcake crumble?
There are a few theories on how shortcake crumble got its name. One theory is that the dessert was made with leftover biscuits or shortcakes. Crumble was simply a way to use up these leftovers – by breaking them up and adding a bold strawberry crunch topping.
Another theory suggests that the word “short” in shortcake refers to the fat content of the cake. This theory states that early versions of shortcakes were made with a higher ratio of fat to flour, which made them shorter and more crumbly than traditional cakes.
Whatever the origins of its name, we can all agree that shortcake crumble is a delicious dessert! This summery treat is perfect for picnics and potlucks and can be easily tailored to your taste with different fruits and toppings.
Can I make gluten-free strawberry shortcake crumble?
For those with gluten sensitivities or celiac disease, the thought of strawberry shortcake might bring on feelings of sadness and envy. But never fear! This delicious dessert can be made gluten-free, so everyone can enjoy its sweet, crumbly goodness.
To make a gluten-free strawberry shortcake crumble, start by making a simple crumble topping. Then, all you need to do is use gluten-free all-purpose flour instead of the regular floor. Also, you can use vegan butter in this recipe.
Can I make sugar-free strawberry shortcake crumble?
If you’re watching your sugar intake, you might wonder if there’s a way to enjoy this treat without all the sweetness.
The good news is that you can make a sugar-free strawberry shortcake. This recipe uses almond flour and Stevia instead of traditional ingredients, so it’s perfect for those on a low-sugar diet. And best of all, it still tastes just as good as the original.
What is the difference between shortcakes and pound cake?
When it comes to cake, there are a lot of different options out there. Two popular choices are shortcake and pound cake. But what is the difference between the two?
- Shortcake is typically made with a biscuit-like dough, while poundcake is denser and has a richer flavor.
- Pound cake usually contains a higher ratio of cold butter or hot butter to flour than shortcake.
- Shortcake is often served with fresh fruit and whipped cream, while poundcake is more commonly served plain or with a dusting of powdered sugar.
So, which one should you choose? It all comes down to personal preference. If you want something light and fluffy, go for a shortcake. Poundcake is your best bet if you’re looking for something rich and decadent.
How long does it take to make strawberry shortcake crumble?
The recipe can be made in under an hour, making it an excellent choice for a last-minute perfect dessert. Strawberry summer cake can also be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Whether serving Bisquick strawberry shortcake crumble for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, you’re sure to impress your guests with this delicious and easy-to-make recipe.
Can I make this recipe with other fruits?
Yes, you can make strawberry shortcake crumble with other fruits. You can use any fruit that you like. The most important thing is ensuring the fruit is ripe and sweet. Add a little sugar to the recipe if you are using a tart fruit. You can also experiment with different types of fruit. For example, try using blueberries or raspberries in the recipe. Or, you could use a mix of various fruits. The possibilities are endless! So, go ahead and get creative with your amazing strawberry shortcake crumble.
If you’re in the mood for a special sweet treat, try out this amazing strawberry shortcake crumble recipe. You’ll love the flavors and you can even freeze it if you don’t finish the whole thing, and enjoy it at a later time!