What could be tastier than a soft, delicious cupcake filled with mouthwatering, fresh apple pie filling? Most of us will agree – nothing!
An apple cupcake is an ideal treat for any occasion, including parties, family get-togethers, or just yourself! However, if you’ve never prepared this sweet before, you might need some assistance to create this delicious treat.
So, how do you make apple cupcakes? Continue reading to discover the greatest apple cupcakes recipe, the finest method for making apple filling, and some extra baking advice for everyone!
How Will Your Apple Cupcakes Taste?
These apple cupcakes taste precisely like how they would if you combined the best aspects of an apple cake and a muffin. Even while some people like the crust, the filling is the pie’s most popular component for the vast majority of people.
Then there is the lovely, fluffy cupcake with the swirl of cinnamon sugar topping – it’s so yummy and fulfilling! Although most people typically assume what the filling tastes like, it might be a little surprising. This ups the ante and provides the cupcake with a fantastic new texture.
Due to their wide variety of flavors and tastes, apple cupcakes could be one of the most versatile treats! They will wow you, just like our previous recipe for Strawberry Shortcake Crumble did!
Let’s take a look at how to make them!
Apple Cupcakes Recipe – Ingredients
These apple pie cupcakes are simple to make, even though there are a lot of ingredients! Here’s what you need:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups diced apples
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 4-5 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
It’s Time for Some Apple Cupcakes!
Are you ready to bake some apple cupcakes? If yes, you need to know that it’ll take only about 40 minutes to prepare this delicious dessert – including the baking time! Let’s see how to make them!
- Preparation: Set the oven to 350 degrees and prepare the standard muffin tin and cupcake liners.
- Combine the dry ingredients: Mix the dry ingredients in a medium bowl. This includes cinnamon, sugar, salt, baking soda, flour, and nutmeg.
- Combine the wet ingredients: Mix the sour cream, vegetable oil, egg, and vanilla.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients: Blend the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients.
- Fill the cupcake liners: Fill each liner ⅔ full with the mixture.
- Add filling: Fill each cupcake with a spoon of your already prepared apple filling. We will show you how to make the filling below.
- Bake and cool: Bake the cupcakes for about 20 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the center to determine whether they’re baked – it needs to come out clean! After that, let the cupcakes cool completely.
Here’s how to make the apple filling. It should be prepared before you begin making the cupcakes.
- Mix: Combine the selected apples, cornstarch, lemon juice, nutmeg, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Put them together in a medium pan over medium temperature.
- Simmer: Turn down the heat and let the mixture simmer for about 5 minutes, or until the liquid thickens and the apples start to soften.
- Cool: Turn off the heat and let the filling cool completely.
- Beat: Beat the butter for a couple of minutes, or until it’s fluffy and light in texture.
- Mix and beat again: Add the vanilla, powdered sugar, and brown sugar. Beat for about two minutes. Then, speed up to medium-high and continue beating for an additional 4 minutes.
- Add the remaining: Add heavy cream and cinnamon, and mix until blended.
- Finish: The frosting should be piped onto the baked cupcakes with a pastry bag. Keep in mind that they must be cooled. If they’re still warm, the frosting might melt when applied to the cupcakes. You can also add a sprinkle of cinnamon on top!
A Few More Tips for Baking Apple Cupcakes
The greatest elements of an apple pie and a muffin come together in apple pie cupcakes. They’re delicious beyond belief!
However, in addition to using the aforementioned techniques, you also need to be aware of something else if you want to successfully prepare them. Here are a few more tips:
- Don’t use ingredients directly from the fridge: Make sure to set your ingredients out to adjust to room temperature before beginning any baking. This will help you to easily blend all the ingredients, and also will add to the texture.
- Prepare before: It’s good to prepare the apple filling before. Just remember to store it in the fridge in a suitable container once you’re done preparing it.
- Pick your favorite apples: Always select the apples that you prefer. Pink Lady is what we advise, but the decision is ultimately yours.
- Don’t overfill the cupcakes: Avoid stuffing the cupcakes too much – doing so may cause them to spill over and lose the lovely dome-shaped top they should have.
- Use the leftover: If you bought apples solely for the cupcakes and have plenty left over, you can always make a healthy smoothie for your family.
How to Keep Leftovers Fresh
Due to how good this dessert is, almost everyone would like to make more of it.
However, there may be times when you make an enormous quantity of muffins and are unable to consume them all.
Here are some tips on how to store leftovers if you make extra:
- Room temperature: Muffins will stay fresh for up to three days if you put them in an airtight container. We suggest placing a toothpick on the top of the cupcakes to prevent them from smashing when you place them in some types of containers.
- Fridge: If you place your cupcakes in airtight containers, you may store them in the refrigerator for a week. Before serving, let them warm up to room temperature. Even though they’re delicious cold, it’s best to remove them from the refrigerator at least 45 minutes before serving.
This apple cupcakes recipe is one you’ll want to make again and again. All those who try them will be struck speechless by how tasty they are!
What’s more, the entire baking process takes you only 40 minutes from start to finish. All you have to do is select your favorite apples, and prepare the muffin tin! Enjoy!
An apple cupcake a day keeps the sweet tooth at bay! For more cooking instructions, recipes, and helpful advice, visit cookroomkitchen.com.